Thursday, February 8, 2018

Day 4 - Wednesday.... Back to Work

I finally felt I was in a place to get back to work after my morning chiropractor appointment.  Remember... I had a car accident in December.  For those that don't remember I was rear ended by a drunk driver.  The car that was sandwiched between the drunk and me had a bunch more damage than my beast of a Yukon did.

Getting to work was exhausting.  I probably told my story half a dozen times before I even turned my computer on.  I'm not complaining at all.  I understand the importance in sharing the story for both the processing on my side and for those that are feeling the anguish because they are close to me and our family.  I am so touched by the emotions that are shared and all the support.  I'm absolutely sure this would be unbearable if I didn't have such an extensive support of coworkers, fellow volunteers and zoo friends.

While I was at the Zoo Tom did a few errands in the morning to get a few things for Kyle and then he also headed into work for a meeting.  It was probably just as therapeutic for Tom and it was for me to do something that was part of our normal lives.  Kyle will also get back to a shift at the pool this weekend.

Late in the afternoon we headed to the Microsoft store to replace our Surface.  You can only do so much on a cell phone.  I guarantee I'd have given up on this blog if I had to peck it out on a cell keyboard.

I closed out the evening at a gathering of fellow Essential Oils folks.  Just breathing in the smells and healing powers of the oils was fantastic.  I plan to get a better nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment