Sunday, February 25, 2018

Settling in: shopping and cooking

We slept in our townhouse Friday night,  rather than staying at host house#2. Kyle ended up working late that night and Tom and I went out to dinner with Brian.  Other than the fact that we had no food at our house there was no excuse not to stay there,  wifi be damned. I should check into upping the data on our phones for the month.
Saturday we hit the ground running: chiro, bank,  furniture store for a rug I saw on clearance the night before.  I am of the philosophy,  if it is still there the next day it was meant to be,  especially dice I had a few cocktails with dinner.  It was. 
Then we went to Home Depot armed with a Scrip ecard, lunch delivery for Kyle at work, because the groceries don't show up on their own, and then Post Office, where we missed the moody postal workers by 15 minutes.  Boxes will have to be picked up on Monday. Next we shopped for mattresses at the high school fund raiser and walked away with a great deal.
After dropping Tom and Brian off in St Paul for a beer outing I did some speed shopping at Ikea.  I was grateful to be on my own.  Speed shopping is better done on your own. My cart was overflowing of many little things that turn a house into a home like flatware sorter,  bathroom rug and such.
By this time the snow storm was really settling in,  but the Yukon continued to handle it well.  A quick speed shopping run through Cub Foods then I headed home to make the first meal in the townhouse,  unload the truck and figure out where things should go.
A kitchen without a pantry perplexes me. It has been a long time since I used regular cabinets as a pantry. That takes some serious organization skills. Assembling cube shelving was next on the agenda.  I really need to buy some wine!
The evening ended with the three of us finally in our new home,  food in the kitchen and stomachs and some decor making it or own.

No comments:

Post a Comment